How Do Plantation Shutters Work?
When it comes to choosing window coverings that not only look good but offer protection and security, you can’t go wrong with plantation shutters. Plantation shutters are stylish window coverings that are becoming more sought after throughout Australia due to their many benefits. If you’re new to plantation shutters or you’re not too sure what they are or how they work, we can help you out. Take a look here at our breakdown of plantation shutters and how they work.
What Are Plantation Shutters?
Plantation shutters are stylish window coverings that provide numerous benefits to your home. They are characterised by slatted wooden louvres which look very similar to tilted blinds. They are often constructed of timber or aluminium and are considered to be fantastic, long-wearing window coverings. Easily customisable in terms of colours and material, they can be tailored and personalised to your home so that they’re ready unique and suit your aesthetic exactly.
How Do You Use Plantation Shutters?
Plantation shutters are incredibly easy to use. They are fitted to the interior of your windows and are perfect if you want to limit sight or the amount of sunlight that is entering your home; this is perfect for anyone with close neighbours or in areas that receive plenty of direct sunlight.
You can adjust the tilt of the louvres in your plantation shutters easily and efficiently. When you want to adjust your shutters to change how much light is entering your home, simply pull the panel that is attached to your shutter and your entire shutter will move to your desired angle. They can be opened or closed completely or you can partially open them to let in some natural light.
What Are The Benefits Of Plantation Shutters?
Plantation shutters may seem a little more on the expensive side at first, but they’re worth the investment. There are many benefits of installing plantation shutters in your home. These include:
- They can increase the value of your home as they are considered a desirable addition
- They provide added privacy and security as people can’t easily see into your home
- They’re easy to clean and keep well maintained
- They help provide peace and quiet by reducing incoming noise into your home
- They’re fantastic at keeping your home cooler as they help reduce sunlight and UV rays from entering your house and increasing the temperature
- They’re durable and long-lasting making them well worth the investment
- Plantation shutters offer a sleek, timeless design that never goes out of style
- They can be customised to suit any style or shape of window, with a huge variety of colours available for you to choose from.
What Are You Waiting For?
If you’ve been on the fence about investing in plantation shutters, this is your sign to commit to having them installed and enjoying all the benefits that they offer. They’re easy to use and their timeless, classic design will look wonderful in your home. If you’re based in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast, get in touch with our team today and get your journey towards installing plantation shutters started.